We are committed to the safest possible environmental practices and stewardship, minimizing risk to our employees, our business operations, and the communities surrounding our business operations. What drives our policies is our firm belief that our business operations can be conducted with minimal impact to human health and the environment.
Our company commitment is to achieve continuous compliance with all federal, state, or local environmental regulations governing all of our facilities worldwide. This commitment includes application of stringent company environmental requirements for each facility that often exceed the regulatory requirements. Our environmental compliance strategies allow us to maximize our facility operational flexibility and capitalize on expansion opportunities when our market demand requires it.
As part of our Environmental Sustainability Program, we are continuously reviewing all of our facilities' operations to reduce our global carbon footprint. We are proud to say that 98% of our facilities are currently considered minor emitters of greenhouse gases. In addition to our successes in reducing our global carbon footprint, we are constantly evaluating each facility's operation to reduce our global environmental footprint, including:
- Conversion to and utilization of the cleanest fuel sources available reducing our air emissions
- Installation of low-NOx burners in our heat treat processes to reduce levels of nitrogen oxides and therefore decreasing the formation of ground level ozone
- Installation of air pollution control equipment, including activated carbon systems and a regenerative thermal oxidizer, to reduce VOC emissions in our painting operations by 95-98%,
- Installation of wastewater recycling and treatment systems designed to significantly reduce contaminants that are discharged
- Aggressive source reduction and waste minimization programs that reduce the waste that is generated and the amount of waste that cannot be reutilized
Creating a sustainable future together
We’re dedicated to revolutionizing mining for a sustainable future together. We’re focused on how our equipment and facilities impact the earth, as well as how we can support customers’ sustainability goals. we innovate our products to find new ways to reduce fuel consumption and lower emissions. The SR (Switched Reluctance) technology incorporated into several types of P&H and Joy mining equipment captures and utilizes regenerated energy, reducing a machine’s overall fuel consumption by up to 45 percent. And by systematically optimizing operations, our Autonomous Haulage Systems contribute to a smaller carbon footprint in the form of less energy consumption and CO2 emissions. We believe that maintaining high environmental standards is more than simply a good business practice – it is a fundamental responsibility we owe to our employees, our customers, our community, and the environment we all share.