The 4800XPC electric rope shovel, featuring Adaptive Controls technology, is specifically designed for three-pass loading 400 st (360 mt) ultra-class haul trucks. The 4800XPC, when compared to the 4100XPC, offers:
- Up to 20% increase in production
- Up to 10% decrease in cost per ton
|Height of cut
||62 ft. 2 in.
|Radius of cut
||78 ft. 7 in.
|Maximum dump reach
||63 ft. 6 in.
|Dumping height (door open)
||35 ft. 7 in.
|Floor level radius
||53 ft. 3 in.
|Tail swing radius
||32 ft. 7 in.
|Operator eye level
||33 ft. 1 in.
|Nominal dipper capacity
65.7 to 70.3 m3
72.5 to 77.6 m3
86 to 92 yd3
92.7 to 99.1 yd3
|Rated suspended load
|Optimum truck size
*Payload and dipper capacity are dependent on many factors. Contact us for an analysis of your specific application.
||49 ft. 3 in.
||50 ft. 0 in.
|Height over gantry
||48 ft. 2 in.
|Width of crawler shoes
|Width of crawlers (100")
||36 ft. 5 in.
|Length of crawlers
||37 ft. 8 in.
||2 ft. 2 in.
|Height: ground to bottom of counterweight slabs
||10 ft. 9 in.
LED lighting package
Complete high efficiency LED lighting available for internal, external, and emergency lighting.
PreVail remote health management system
The PreVail remote health management (RHM) system provides timely and efficient machine health and performance data. The PreVail RHM system taps into the powerful communication, command, and control capabilities of the shovel's electrical control system, transforming the data into valuable knowledge, including KPI (key performance indicator) dashboards, graphical analysis tools, predictive modelling, and reporting tools.
When you activate PreVail RHM on your 4800XPC shovel, you have access to:
- Increased asset performance visibility to help you determine when to intervene, minimizing corrective action costs
- Valuable risk management tools that help reduce troubleshooting time and mean time to recovery
- Key performance indicator (KPI) benchmarking that makes performance gaps more visible and allow you to set in motion corrective measures to maximize productivity
- Operating practices analysis that allows you to review and correct operators that are not following best practices for optimal productivity
The initial subscription period of one year is included free; after one year, subscription fees apply.
Learn how PreVail can help you maximize your drill’s productivity.
Track Shield collision detection and mitigation system
Developed with extensive shovel operator input, Track Shield is the only automated operator-assist technology on an electric rope shovel that detects and helps prevent a dipper from striking the crawler.
Learn how Track Shield can help prevent dipper strikes.
Help your shovel operators hit the truck’s target load range every time with Payload 2.
- Maximize truck load without overfilling
- Reduce shovel and truck structural damage and maintenance caused by overloads
- Reduce risk of dangerous, costly spillage on haul roads
- Save production time with automatic calibration
- Get all onboard information on one integrated GUI screen
Learn how Payload 2 can help make truck loading more efficient.
Cold weather equipment
Optional extra heaters and insulation protect both your operator and the shovel in temperatures that reach -40°C.
Universal shovel interface system
The universal shovel interface allows your shovels to send and receive data with any mine management system, including ModularTM, JigsawTM, and WencoTM systems.
On the shovel side
The Centurion electronic control receives information, such as the following, from the mine management system:
- Haul truck information, including capacity, truck model and ID, and material code
- Delay codes
- GPS location of the shovel
On the mine management side
The mine management system receives information, such as the following, from the shovel:
- Shovel faults
- Propel start/stop times
- Payload data, including cycle times and payloads
This information sharing means reduced operation costs, improved production data, and key performance indicator tracking.
Learn how the universal shovel interface can help you maximize your shovel’s productivity.
Adaptive Controls 2
Improve shovel productivity and dig performance with a suite of integrated control functions that optimize shovel production while lessening the effects of impacts on the machine.
- Increase digging power without sacrificing mechanical components
- Reduce boom jacking and other loads from impact and operator error
- Decrease operator fatigue from machine shock and rocking motion
Learn how Adaptive Controls 2 can improve your productivity and dig performance.