Joy feeder-breakers provide a highly reliable, productive means for continuous feeding and breaking of most bedded, mined material – including wet, dry, sticky or a combination thereof – in a broad range of configurations for both surface and underground applications. The feeder-breaker is the connection between the mining system and material handling system, allowing both systems to operate at maximum efficiency and productivity. The UFB-22 feeder-breaker, designed for seam heights less than 1,220 mm (48 in.), cuts your operating costs and increases your mine production by allowing your mining, haulage, and conveying systems to work at their most efficient rates. The UFB-22 provides a highly mobile crushing solution to maximize your haulage productivity. Since the UFB-22 is located closer to the working face, haulage distances and travel times are kept to a minimum.
The UFB-22, designed to handle extremely low seam heights, combines a very low profile with the necessary surge capacity, output size, and throughput rate for maximum productivity.
Designed for increased mine efficiency
- Surge capacity allows haulage equipment to discharge mined material at its maximum rate
- Material throughput up to 650 tonnes (700 tons) per hour
- Powerful rotary pick breaker, capable of fracturing material using up to 50 MPa (7,000 PSI) unconfined compressive strength, reduces mined material to a consistent, easily handled size
- Steady discharge rate virtually eliminates spillage, while reducing belt wear
Designed for durability
- All-welded frame construction means low maintenance and long working life
- Hard-surfaced chromium carbide deck overlay ensures long deck life
- Alloy steel flights and shafting allow smaller sized components while still providing superb tensile strength
- Breaker picks and pick force, designed for your requirements, handle tough material mixtures
- High-strength conveyor chain, with hardened pins and bushings, delivers long life, low maintenance, and superior dependability
Designed for maximum mobility and performance
- Designed to maximize tractive effort for ease and speed of relocation
- Maximum pad widths to ensure excellent flotation in all tram conditions
- The breaker drive (reducer with chain and sprocket) provides the lowest possible equipment height and provides maximum breaker performance
Designed for easy maintenance
- Strategically located standard controls provide the easiest possible maintenance and troubleshooting
Designed for your mining application
- Intake ends, custom designed to meet your haulage needs, include ram car, swing gate, and three-way dump options
- Staked or hinged sideboards come in various heights for additional capacity
Designed for operator safety
- Fire suppression
- Centred control valves
- Panic strip
- Tram enable switches
- Pull cord
- Remote tram controls (radio and umbilical)
|Overall width (at intake end)
||2,743 to 3,606 mm
||108 to 142 in.
||1,117, 1,270, and 1,422 mm
||44, 50, and 56 in.
||10,058 to 11,684 mm
||396 to 460 in.
||26,308 to 29,483 kg
||58,000 to 65,000 lbs.
||711 to 1,067 mm
||28 to 42 in.
||Run-of-mine coal with high percentage of rock content
|Throughput standard (variable)
||381 to 432 mm
||15 to 17 in.
|Breaker pick force (variable)
|Material compressive strength
0 to 203 mm
50 to 254 mm
0 to 8 in.
2 to 10 in.
|Total horsepower (variable)
|Intake end design
Hoppered with sideboards
Free-wheeling extreme duty crawlers
Optional tram speeds 30, 42, and 50 fpm (9.14, 12.8 and 15.2 mpm) available
|Available tractive effort
||Up to 64,410 kg
||Up to 142,000 lbs.
||Up to 45,359 kg
||Up to 100,000 lbs.
|Flexibility of configuration
- Condition monitoring
- Proximity system ready