Our Mine Air Systems (MAS) climate control units provide air conditioning, heating, air filtration, and pressurization comforts for the operator cab.
The rear window A/C system is a window-mounted unit designed specifically for haul truck applications. This system incorporates a 24V DC compressor that eliminates the need for:
- Engine-mounted compressor
- Drive belts
- Refrigerant lines
This design reduces maintenance and operating costs, because:
- Compressor shaft seals that wear out and cause refrigerant leakage are eliminated
- Long refrigerant lines that complicate machine layout, require additional refrigerant, and are prone to leaks are eliminated
The system is comprised of two main units, both powered by 24V DC
- Roof-mounted remote compressor / condenser (RCC)
- Rear window-mounted evaporator (REWU)
The modular design with cannon plugs and quick-connect fittings allows easy service exchange.