The LT-650 hard rock loader is a diesel-powered heavy-duty machine intended for the most demanding mine environments. The LT-650 is designed for small- to medium-size openings for load-and-carry applications. The LT-650, like all Joy loaders, is designed specifically for ease of use and maintenance, with simple operation gauges and a rugged long-life structure, providing the lowest possible total costs of operation including low capital costs.
Designed for safe operation and maintenance
The LT-650 includes multiple features that are designed to maximize safety for both the operator and the maintenance staff:
- ROPS/FOPS canopies and cabins provide protection from falling rock or rollovers
- Fail-safe braking system features a spring-applied braking system that activates when low hydraulic oil pressure or electrical failures are detected
- Operation interlocks prevent accidental machine activation
- Three-point mounting and anti-slip steps minimize slips and falls
- Hot component isolation to prevent burns
Designed for reliability
The LT-650 has been designed for reliability and long component life, including the following features:
- Rugged steel frame
- MIL (military specification) components that meet international standards
- Heavy-duty all-mechanical powertrain featuring Dana components for a rugged platform and long service life
- Hydraulic systems with piston pumps
- Severe-duty electrical system
- Collet-style pins for lower wear and reduced maintenance
Designed for ease of maintenance
The LT-650 includes several key features that reduce maintenance times and costs, including:
- Ground-level maintenance design to eliminate climbing
- Centralized lubrication system
- Simple electrical design
Designed for productivity
The LT-650 has been designed to provide the highest possible productivity in its class:
- Combines power and efficiency to provide fast tramming speeds and cycle times, with impressive breakout power
- Easy-to-use controls are simple to train and simple to operate
- Rugged structures and heavy-duty components increase equipment uptime
Designed for customization
The LT-650 has many options available, including:
- FOPS/ROPS certified cab and/or canopy
- Automatic lubrication system
- Ejector bucket
- Electric transfer pump (hydraulic tank)
- Side dump bucket
- Fire suppression system
- Quick-attach coupling system
- Radio remote control
- Spare rim
Forks and an optional quick-attach coupler (which allows the bucket to be quickly replaced with forks) are available for utility applications. The buckets can be equipped with a variety of wear packages, depending on the application.
|Hydraulic breakout force lift
|Hydraulic breakout force tilt
|SAE breakout force
|SAE static tipping load
|Height to top of canopy
||7 ft. 1.25 in.
||29 ft. 4.25 in.
|Length: rear axle to bumper
||9 ft. 3.75 in.
|Center hinge to rear axle
||5 ft. 11 in.
|Center hinge to front axle
||4 ft. 2 in.
||5 ft. 4.25 in.
|Height to top of hood
||5 ft. 6.75 in.
|Height: ground clearance
|Height: dump clearance
||3 ft. 7 in.
|Height: bucket pin
||8 ft. 6.75 in.
|Height: bucket raised
||13 ft. 6 in.
||6 ft. 8 in.
|Maximum width RF
||6 ft. 6.5 in.
||R 21 ft. 4.5 in.
||R 11 ft. 10.5 in.
|Roll back angle