The 4LD hard rock loader is a diesel-powered heavy-duty machine intended for the most demanding mine environments. The 4LD is designed for small narrow-vein applications where maneuvering space is limited. The 4LD, like all Joy loaders, is designed specifically for ease of use and maintenance, with simple operation gauges and a rugged long-life structure, providing the lowest possible total costs of operation including low capital costs.
Designed for safe operation and maintenance
The 4LD includes multiple features that are designed to maximize safety for both the operator and the maintenance staff:
- ROPS/FOPS canopies and cabins provide protection from falling rock or rollovers
- Fail-safe braking system features a spring-applied braking system that activates when low hydraulic oil pressure or electrical failures are detected
- Operation interlocks prevent accidental machine activation
- Three-point mounting and anti-slip steps minimize slips and falls
- Hot component isolation to prevent burns or risk of fires
Designed for reliability
The 4LD has been designed for reliability and long component life, including the following features:
- Rugged steel frame designed to withstand rigors and punishment typical of the hard rock mining environment
- MIL (military specification) components that meet international standards
- Heavy-duty all-mechanical powertrain featuring Dana components for a rugged platform and long service life
- Hydraulic systems with piston pumps
- Severe-duty electrical system
- Collet-style pins for lower wear and reduced maintenance
Designed for ease of maintenance
The 4LD includes several key features that reduce maintenance times and costs, including:
- Ground-level maintenance design to eliminate climbing
- Sight glasses remove need to open hoods or covers
- Centralized lubrication system
- Simple mechanical design
Designed for productivity
The 4LD has been designed to provide the highest possible productivity in its class:
- First LHD of this class to feature a Z-bar linkage bucket
- Reduces bucket dump time from 5s to 2.1 s
- Improves breakout forces by 15% (over previous model)
- Improves bucket cycle times by 75%
- Combines power and efficiency to provide fast tramming speeds and cycle times, with impressive breakout power
- Easy-to-use controls are simple to train and simple to operate
- Rugged structures and heavy-duty components increase equipment uptime
Designed for customization
The 4LD has many options available, including:
- 2.4 m3 (3.0 cu yd) bucket
- Ejector bucket - 1.7 m3 (2.2 cu yd)
- Enclosed cabin with air conditioning
- Fire suppression system (manual, automatic)
- Quick attach system (bucket, forcks)
- Radio remote control
- Spare rim/wheel
|Hydraulic breakout force lift
|Hydraulic breakout force tilt
|SAE breakout force
|SAE static tipping load
|Height to top of canopy
||6 ft. 7.75 in.
||24 ft. 8 in.
|Length: rear axle to bumper
|Center hinge to rear axle
||4 ft. 2 in.
|Center hinge to front axle
||4 ft. 4 in.
||5 ft. 0.25 in.
|Height to top of hood
||5 ft. 4in.
|Height: ground clearance
|Height: dump clearance
||4 ft. 5.25 in.
|Height: bucket pin
||8 ft. 1.5 in.
|Height: bucket raised
||12 ft. 11.75 in.
||5 ft. 4.25 in.
|Maximum width RF
||5 ft. 2 in.
||R 18 ft. 9.25 in.
||R 11 ft. 8.5 in.
|Roll back angle