Joy catenary structure is designed to be extremely portable, yet rugged enough to withstand the heavy loading encountered in longwall mining. Joy hinged-handle catenary structure utilizes rigid side rails made of round tubing. In addition, fewer loose parts help reduce the number of loose part losses while moving from one mining panel to another.
Idlers and return rolls
HC series idler rolls are produced using proprietary manufacturing and assembly techniques that control the bearing end-play setting to precise engineered specifications. Bearing and seal cavities are filled with grease from the factory to promote long-life operation.
The HC roll features:
- 3/4”, modified geometry tapered roller bearings
- Five-stage seal design contributes to long-life operation without relubrication
- An exterior shield provides an initial barrier to divert contaminants away from the bearing cavity.
- A flinger employs the natural centrifugal forces of a rotating idler roll to redirect potential contaminants away from the bearing cavity.
- A grease-filled, horizontal labyrinth seal retards lateral movement of contaminants.
- A contact lip seal provides additional sealing protection and keeps lubricant in the bearing cavity.
- A rear seal provides added protection for the grease reservoir.
Our HC series catenary idlers are available in the following configurations:
Our HD idler roll has the same 3/4”, modified geometry tapered roller bearing and five-stage seal design as our HC idler roll design. In addition, our engineered shaft is available on all return rolls and 42” belt width and wider center troughing rolls.
Our HD series catenary idlers are available in the following configurations:
Adjustable support stands are designed to support the return roll. The quick connection features make assembly and disassembly quicker and easier when compared to standard rigid rail structure.
Joy offers 8’ and 10’ rail lengths made of round tubing.