The DT-3504 truck has a rated load capacity of 31,751 kg (70,000 lbs.). The load-sensing variable displacement hydraulics reduce heat and fuel costs, while improving the life of the hydraulic components. In addition, the optional automated lubrication system keeps the DT-3504 working longer, harder, and more productively.
The DT-3504 truck, like all Joy trucks, is designed specifically for ease of use and maintenance, with simple operation gauges and a rugged long-life structure, providing the lowest possible total costs of operation including low capital costs.
Designed for safe operation and maintenance
The DT-3504 includes multiple features that are designed to maximize safety for both the operator and the maintenance staff:
- ROPS/FOPS canopies and cabins provide protection from falling rock or rollovers
- Fail-safe braking system features a spring-applied braking system that activates when low hydraulic oil pressure or electrical failures are detected
- Operation interlocks prevent accidental machine activation
- Three-point mounting and anti-slip steps minimize slips and falls
- Hot component isolation to prevent burns
Designed for reliability
The DT-3504 has been designed for reliability and long component life, including the following features:
- Rugged steel frame
- Choice of engines from Mercedes and Cummins that are EPA and MSHA certified and feature clean emissions and class-leading fuel consumption
- MIL (military specification) components that meet international standards
- Heavy-duty all-mechanical powertrain featuring Dana components for a rugged platform and long service life; the powertrain, combined with load-sensing hydraulics, mean excellent maneuverability, faster ramp speeds, and a more comfortable ride
- Hydraulic systems with piston pumps
- Severe-duty electrical system
- Collet-style pins for lower wear and reduced maintenance
Designed for ease of maintenance
The DT-3504 includes several key features that reduce maintenance times and costs, including:
- Ground-level maintenance design to eliminate climbing
- Centralized lubrication system
- Simple electrical design
Designed for productivity
The DT-3504 has been designed to provide the highest possible productivity in its class:
- Combines power and efficiency to provide fast tramming speeds and cycle times, with impressive breakout power
- Powertrain, combined with load-sensing hydraulics, means excellent maneuverability, faster ramp speeds, and a more comfortable ride for your operators
- Easy-to-use controls are simple to train and simple to operate
- Rugged structures and heavy-duty components increase equipment uptime
Designed for customization
The DT-3504 has many upgrades available, including:
- FOPS/ROPS certified canopy
- FOPS/ROPS certified enclosed operator’s cab with air conditioning and/or heat
- Automated lubrication system
- Fire suppression system
- Reverse camera
|Width without dump box
||9 ft. 10 in.
||9 ft. 11 in.
||33 ft. 8 in.
|Length with dump box lowered
||35 ft. 9.4375 in.
|Height at protective canopy*
||8 ft. 6 in.
|Height at dump box*
||8 ft. 0 in.
||17 ft. 3.8125 in.
||1 ft. 0.8125 in.
* Vehicle height and ground clearance will vary with tire manufacturer, tire pressure, and load. With the vehicle loaded, expect tires to compress up to 76 mm (3 in.).