The 4100XPC AC-90 electric rope shovel is an AC-drive shovel which complements the highly successful 4100C from a payload perspective while maintaining a high degree of commonality with the 4100XPC AC from a technical perspective. The 4100XPC AC-90 features the latest design and technological upgrades to maximize machine availability and equipment production.
Centurion electrical control system
The Centurion electrical control system provides superior performance, monitoring, and data integration capabilities.
The supervisory controller, with direct integrated communication with the motor drives, allows precise motor control and fast cycle times. Real-time multi-tasking capability means optimal machine logic sequencing, monitoring, and control.
The I/O system uses the Profibus communication protocol for seamless integration of all shovel subsystems. Low-voltage 23V DC I/O drop points feature open- and short-circuit detection for improved diagnostics and troubleshooting.
The graphical user interface features intuitive, icon-based screens that display vital information, including shovel status, troubleshooting information, and optional production monitoring data and operator feedback.
Learn how Centurion maximizes your shovel’s efficiency.
PreVail remote health management system
The PreVail remote health management (RHM) system provides timely and efficient machine health and performance data. The PreVail RHM system taps into the powerful communication, command, and control capabilities of the shovel's electrical control system, transforming the data into valuable knowledge, including KPI (key performance indicator) dashboards, graphical analysis tools, predictive modeling, and reporting tools.
When you activate PreVail RHM on your 4100XPC AC-90 shovel, you have access to:
- Increased asset performance visibility to help you determine when to intervene, minimizing corrective action costs
- Valuable risk management tools that help reduce troubleshooting time and mean time to recovery
- Key performance indicator (KPI) benchmarking that makes performance gaps more visible and allow you to set in motion corrective measures to maximize productivity
- Operating practices analysis that allows you to review and correct operators that are not following best practices for optimal productivity
The initial subscription period of one year is included free; after one year, subscription fees apply.
Learn how PreVail can help you maximize your shovel’s productivity.
Advanced control technology
Advanced control technologies include the following:
- Temperature monitoring system for all DC motors, drum shaft bearings, and shipper shaft bearings
- Drive programming and analysis software
- Control logic software
- I/O device monitoring and fault detection
- Remote health management
- Extended speed range in hoist and crowd
- Automatic Boom Soft Setdown (ABSS) and Boom Profile Protection Envelope to help prevent excessive loading to the attachment during operation
- Anti-swing-in-bank system to reduce excessive side loading on handle and attachment
- Host, crowd, and retract limits
- Automatic lubrication and compressed air systems control
LED lighting package
Complete high efficiency LED lighting available for internal, external, and emergency lighting.
Fleeting sheave hoist rope guide
Includes dual steel sheaves which channel and maintain contact with the hoist ropes as they travel between the hoist drum and boom point sheaves, decreasing rope wear and improving hoist rope life.
Cold weather equipment
Optional extra heaters and insulation protect both your operator and the shovel in temperatures that reach -40°C (-40°F).
Track Shield collision detection and mitigation system
Developed with extensive shovel operator input, Track Shield is the only automated operator-assist technology on an electric rope shovel that detects and helps prevent a dipper from striking the crawler.
Learn how Track Shield can help prevent dipper strikes.
Universal Shovel Interface
The universal shovel interface allows your shovels to send and receive data with any mine management system, including ModularTM, JigsawTM, and WencoTM systems.
On the shovel side
The Centurion electronic control receives information, such as the following, from the mine management system:
- Haul truck information, including capacity, truck model and ID, and material code
- Delay codes
- GPS location of the shovel
On the mine management side
The mine management system receives information, such as the following, from the shovel:
- Shovel faults
- Propel start/stop times
- Payload data, including cycle times and payloads
This information sharing means reduced operation costs, improved production data, and key performance indicator tracking.
Learn how the universal shovel interface can help you maximize your shovel’s productivity.
Payload dipper payload monitoring system
The P&H Payload system provides accurate, reliable payload measurements, coupled with simple system calibration, that allow your operators to optimize their loading processes.
The system provides the shovel operator the weight, in tons, of the material in the dipper. Since there is a target payload based on the haul truck’s size, this information allows the operator to load the truck – every time - to the exact target payload.
Learn how Payload can help make truck loading more efficient.
Adaptive Controls technology
Note that this technology can be ordered as a retrofit upgrade on 4100XPC shovels with an updated Centurion 5 control system.
Adaptive Controls are a series of control functions that optimize shovel power usage in different phases of the dig cycle. Their purpose is to improve shovel performance while lessening the effect of operating impacts on the machine.
- Smart control and application of power
- Improves shovel production without sacrificing life
- Reduces boom jacking
Learn how Adaptive Controls can improve your shovel's power.