The 4100C DC-drive electric rope shovel, with a nominal payload of 81.6 mt (90 st), is an industry benchmark for reliability and high productivity. The 4100C is an upgraded version of our popular 4100A shovel; virtually all of the 4100A shovels sold in the last 25 years are still in operation today!
|Height of cut
||55 ft. 2 in.
|Radius of cut
||78 ft. 8 in.
|Dumping height (door open)*
||31 ft. 0 in.
|Floor level radius
||52 ft. 6 in.
|Tail swing radius
||32 ft. 3 in.
|Operator eye level
||33 ft. 1 in.
*Height shown with bail-type dipper. Heights will be greater with bail-less or compact-bail dippers. Actual dumping height can be greater than door clearance height.
|Nominal dipper capacity
|Rated suspended load
|Optimum truck size
||172 to 363 mt
||190 to 400 st
*Payload and dipper capacity are dependent on many factors. Contact us for an analysis of your specific application.
||47 ft. 1 in.
||49 ft. 4 in.
|Height over gantry
||48 ft. 3 in.
|Width of crawler shoes
|Width of crawlers (76")
||34 ft. 5 in.
|Length of crawlers
||38 ft. 6 in.
||2 ft. 2 in.
|Height: ground to bottom of counterweight slabs
||11 ft. 10 in.
Centurion electrical control system
The Centurion electrical control system provides superior performance, monitoring, and data integration capabilities.
The supervisory controller, with direct integrated communication with the motor drives, allows precise motor control and fast cycle times. Real-time multi-tasking capability means optimal machine logic sequencing, monitoring, and control.
The I/O system uses the Profibus communication protocol for seamless integration of all shovel subsystems. Low-voltage 23V DC I/O drop points feature open- and short-circuit detection for improved diagnostics and troubleshooting.
The graphical user interface features intuitive, icon-based screens that display vital information, including shovel status, troubleshooting information, and optional production monitoring data and operator feedback.
Learn how Centurion maximizes your shovel’s efficiency.
PreVail remote health management system
The PreVail remote health management (RHM) system provides timely and efficient machine health and performance data. The PreVail RHM system taps into the powerful communication, command, and control capabilities of the shovel's electrical control system, transforming the data into valuable knowledge, including KPI (key performance indicator) dashboards, graphical analysis tools, predictive modeling, and reporting tools.
When you activate PreVail RHM on your 4100C shovel, you have access to:
- Increased asset performance visibility to help you determine when to intervene, minimizing corrective action costs
- Valuable risk management tools that help reduce troubleshooting time and mean time to recovery
- Key performance indicator (KPI) benchmarking that makes performance gaps more visible and allow you to set in motion corrective measures to maximize productivity
- Operating practices analysis that allows you to review and correct operators that are not following best practices for optimal productivity
The initial subscription period of one year is included free; after one year, subscription fees apply.
Learn how PreVail can help you maximize your shovel’s productivity.
Advanced control technology
Advanced control technologies include the following:
- Temperature monitoring system for all DC motors, drum shaft bearings, and shipper shaft bearings
- Drive programming and analysis software
- Control logic software
- I/O device monitoring and fault detection
- Remote health management
- Extended speed range in hoist and crowd
- Automatic Boom Soft Setdown (ABSS) and Boom Profile Protection Envelope to help prevent excessive loading to the attachment during operation
- Anti-swing-in-bank system to reduce excessive side loading on handle and attachment
- Hoist, crowd, and retract limits
- Automatic lubrication and compressed air systems control
Cold weather equipment
Optional extra heaters and insulation protect both your operator and the shovel in temperatures that reach -40°C.
Universal shovel interface system
The universal shovel interface allows your shovels to send and receive data with any mine management system, including ModularTM, JigsawTM, and WencoTM systems.
On the shovel side
The Centurion electronic control receives information, such as the following, from the mine management system:
- Haul truck information, including capacity, truck model and ID, and material code
- Delay codes
- GPS location of the shovel
On the mine management side
The mine management system receives information, such as the following, from the shovel:
- Shovel faults
- Propel start/stop times
- Payload data, including cycle times and payloads
This information sharing means reduced operation costs, improved production data, and key performance indicator tracking.
Learn how the universal shovel interface can help you maximize your shovel’s productivity.
Track Shield collision detection and mitigation system
Developed with extensive shovel operator input, Track Shield is the only automated operator-assist technology on an electric rope shovel that detects and helps prevent a dipper from striking the crawler.
Learn how Track Shield can help prevent dipper strikes.
Payload dipper payload monitoring system
The P&H Payload system provides accurate, reliable payload measurements, coupled with simple system calibration, that allow your operators to optimize their loading processes.
The system provides the shovel operator the weight, in tons, of the material in the dipper. Since there is a target payload based on the haul truck’s size, this information allows the operator to load the truck – every time - to the exact target payload.
Learn how Payload can help make truck loading more efficient.