The 2300XPC, with a nominal payload of 45.4 mt (50 st), is found in coal, copper, iron ore, and gold mines around the world.
|Height of cut
||44 ft. 3 in.
|Radius of cut
||70 ft. 0 in.
|Dumping height (door open)*
||28 ft. 0 in.
|Floor level radius
||46 ft. 7 in.
|Tail swing radius
||33 ft. 0 in.
|Operator eye level
||26 ft. 0 in.
* Height shown with bail-type dipper. Heights will be greater with bail-less or compact-bail dippers. Actual dumping height can be greater than door clearance height.
|Nominal dipper capacity
18.3 to 25.5 m3
20.2 to 27.8 m3
24.0 to 33.0 yd3
26.7 to 36.7 yd3
|Rated suspended load
|Optimum truck size
||109 to 218 mt
||120 to 240 st
* Payload and dipper capacity are dependent on many factors. Contact us for an analysis of your specific application.
||40 ft. 10 in.
||49 ft. 4 in.
|Height over gantry
||38 ft. 0 in.
|Width of crawler shoes
|Width of crawlers (52')
||28 ft. 5 in.
|Length of crawlers
||35 ft. 4 in.
||3 ft. 0 in.
|Height: ground to bottom of counterweight slabs
||8 ft. 5 in.
Centurion electrical control system
The Centurion electrical control system provides superior performance, monitoring, and data integration capabilities.
The supervisory controller, with direct integrated communication with the motor drives, allows precise motor control and fast cycle times. Real-time multi-tasking capability means optimal machine logic sequencing, monitoring, and control.
The I/O system uses the Profibus communication protocol for seamless integration of all shovel subsystems. Low-voltage 23V DC I/O drop points feature open- and short-circuit detection for improved diagnostics and troubleshooting.
The graphical user interface features intuitive, icon-based screens that display vital information, including shovel status, troubleshooting information, and optional production monitoring data and operator feedback.
Learn how Centurion maximizes your shovel’s efficiency.
PreVail remote health management system
The PreVail remote health management (RHM) system provides timely and efficient machine health and performance data. The PreVail RHM system taps into the powerful communication, command, and control capabilities of the shovel's electrical control system, transforming the data into valuable knowledge, including KPI (key performance indicator) dashboards, graphical analysis tools, predictive modeling, and reporting tools.
When you activate PreVail RHM on your 2300XPC shovel, you have access to:
- Increased asset performance visibility to help you determine when to intervene, minimizing corrective action costs
- Valuable risk management tools that help reduce troubleshooting time and mean time to recovery
- Key performance indicator (KPI) benchmarking that makes performance gaps more visible and allow you to set in motion corrective measures to maximize productivity
- Operating practices analysis that allows you to review and correct operators that are not following best practices for optimal productivity
The initial subscription period of one year is included free; after one year, subscription fees apply.
Learn how PreVail can help you maximize your shovel’s productivity.
Advanced control technology
Advanced control technologies include the following:
- Temperature monitoring system for all DC motors, drum shaft bearings, and shipper shaft bearings
- Drive programming and analysis software
- Control logic software
- I/O device monitoring and fault detection
- Remote health management
- Extended speed range in hoist and crowd
- Automatic Boom Soft Setdown (ABSS) and Boom Profile Protection Envelope to help prevent excessive loading to the attachment during operation
- Anti-swing-in-bank system to reduce excessive side loading on handle and attachment
- Hoist, crowd, and retract limits
- Automatic lubrication and compressed air systems control
Cold weather equipment
Optional extra heaters and insulation protect both your operator and the shovel in temperatures that reach -40°C.
Universal shovel interface system
The universal shovel interface allows your shovels to send and receive data with any mine management system, including ModularTM, JigsawTM, and WencoTM systems.
On the shovel side
The Centurion electronic control receives information, such as the following, from the mine management system:
- Haul truck information, including capacity, truck model and ID, and material code
- Delay codes
- GPS location of the shovel
On the mine management side
The mine management system receives information, such as the following, from the shovel:
- Shovel faults
- Propel start/stop times
- Payload data, including cycle times and payloads
This information sharing means reduced operation costs, improved production data, and key performance indicator tracking.
Learn how the universal shovel interface can help you maximize your shovel’s productivity.
Online vibration monitoring
Online Vibration Monitor 2 provides predictive diagnostics on shovel motion mechanical components to hep minimize downtime. This permanently installed predictive diagnostic tool and service helps detect early stage defects in motors, bearings and transmissions prior to catastrophic failure.
- Limit lost production from unplanned shutdowns by identifying components nearing end-of-life or experiencing premature defects
- Monitor while producing: Operational mode records, validates and uploads data during normal production with no operator input needed
- Proprietary data selection algorithm records only good, valid data
- Analysis provided by a live expert with OEM knowledge
- View your data from your internet-connected device using the Remote Health Monitor interface
- More than one million data points from across the fleet are available to Komatsu analysts for comparison
- With the hardware-as-a-service (HaaS) option, you no longer need to worry about owning the hardware or purchasing hardware upgrades.
Learn how Online Vibration Monitor 2 can help minimize your shovel's downtime.