The 12CM30 entry driver, with its integrated bolting system, is ideal for mid- to high-seam applications. The 12CM30 is a single-pass machine that addresses the bottleneck which occurs during gate road development when the roof is weak and early installation of roof bolts is required.
Designed for productivity
- Up to four semi-automatic hydraulic roof bolters, mounted as near to vertical as practical, provide full flexibility for a large number of vertical bolts
- Hydraulic cutter head extensions, 300 to 400 mm (range) on each side, retract to enable easy withdrawals as well as greater flexibility in cutting corners
- Two hydraulic rib bolters, mounted on tilt or lift-and-tilt cylinders, allow the maximum number of rib bolts to be placed in the rib
- Two-speed rotation units for simultaneous rib and roof bolting
Ergonomic operator interface
- Designed to make effective use of the additional space in higher seam heights to provide improved access to all components
- Electrical controller cases located for ease of access
- Fluid system manifolds to reduce hosing and fittings
- Retractable operator deck with folding walkway
- Consumable pods to suit a variety of roof and roof-controlled conditions
Cutting and gathering
- 4.8, 5.0, 5.2, or 5.4 meter roadway cutting widths
- Plough-type gathering systems
- Optimizes bolt-to-face distance
- Scrolling webs on cutter drums achieve effective conveyor loading
- Single electric rear drive is fitted to drive the conveyor chain
|Maximum cutting height
|Minimum cutting height
|Minimum tram height
|Cutterhead power @ 1140V
|Total machine power @ 1050V
||Plow scroll cutterhead
|Roof drill to pick tip distance
Faceboss control system
Competitive and market pressures mean that you have to produce product at an ever-increasing rate, while always striving to decrease your cost per ton. These goals are only made more difficult by the worsening attributes of available reserves and deteriorating operating conditions.
The Faceboss control system enables your operators to operate equipment at an optimal balance of production rate and cost per ton using a powerful tool set that includes operator assistance tools, automated sequences, advanced diagnostics, machine performance monitoring, and analysis tools. Faceboss is the standard control system platform on all Joy underground mining equipment, which ensures that you receive the same level of optimization for all your Joy equipment.
Learn how Faceboss can help reduce your operating costs.
Joy OptiDrive, an AC variable-frequency drive system, integrates software with the electronic and mechanical systems to provide the following features:
- Increased tram speed: Significantly increases the tractive effort available, improving the equipment’s ability to climb gradients and negotiate difficult roadway conditions
- Regenerative braking: Supplements the mechanical brakes, allowing them to run cooler with extended wear life; regenerative braking is highly effective at automatically maintaining constant speeds when descending gradients
- Less maintenance: No commutator brushes to inspect and replace mean AC traction motors are typically more reliable, more durable, and require less maintenance than DC traction motors
Learn how OptiDrive can help improve your productivity.