Leveraging the latest technology, AI, and deep learning to deliver autonomous equipment, Komatsu provides the tools needed to manage the operation of your longwall system from a remote location, removing operators from the face.
Visit us in booth 711 to learn more about how Komatsu is optimizing longwall mining through automation:
Increasing the rates of entry development through simultaneous cutting and bolting coupled with continuous haulage.
Powered roof supports
Streamlining productivity, the Joy face alignment automation system enables incremental PRS advancement to maintain safer roof conditions.
Increasing productivity and reducing operator exposure, Joy shearers automation features include pitch steer and Advance Shearer Automation (ASA).
Armored face conveyor
Controlling energy and maintenance costs, our AFC drive system integrates with the automated PRS system to improve overall performance.
Komatsu subject matter experts and customers will be giving supporting papers and participating in a panel discussion at the Longwall Conference Session booth #549:
Monday, May 20, 2019 at 9:30 am
Operational Benefits When Running Longwall Automated Face Alignment and Horizon Control Systems
- Presented by Jeff Ley, Shearer Product Lead (Komatsu Mining Corp.)
Using Dynamic Elemental Modeling for AFCs and Drums
- Presented by Daniel Sharpe, Longwall Mining Engineer (Komatsu Mining Corp.)
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Personal Longwall Proximity Detection at 9:30 am
- Presented by Todd Moore, General Manager of Safety, and Craig Dickerson, Assistant Superintendent at Bailey Mine (CONSOL Energy)
Diversity in Mining panel at 1:00 pm
- BHP panelists include Megan Billgy, Project Mining Engineer-in-Training, Cheryll Godwin-Abel, Project Delivery, and Dani Ringrose-Hobbs, Contracts and Procurement
- Komatsu Mining Corp. panelists include Michele Burich, Senior Mining Applications Engineer, and Jez Leeming, Global Product Director - Entry Development
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 9:30 am
Rapid-Entry Longwall Development with Continuous Haulage at Murray Energy's Marion Country Mine
- Presented by Toby Cressman, Global Product Manager - Room & Pillar, and Michelle Burich, Senior Mining Applications Engineer (Komatsu Mining Corp.)
Gate Road Development Experience Using Continuous Haulage at Glencore's Ulan West Longwall Mine
- Presented by Brett Murray, Engineering Manager (Glencore)