The genuine Joy blocksaver:
- Decreases the time it takes to maintain your sleeves. Easy extraction can save you time to remove and rotate the sleeves
- Lowers costs through extended life. By carrying out routine sleeve maintenance, it will increase sleeve life and can extend drum life by changing damaged and worn sleeves
- Increases productivity. Cutting productivity comes from increased utilization due to less downtime spent on unplanned drum maintenance.
The JS Blocksaver Mark I bit holding system incorporates a method of hydraulically extracting press fit sleeves from the block where the stepped sleeve acts as its own hydraulic cylinder. Using a simple hand pump, the Blocksaver system allows for easy and fast removal of sleeves, reducing maintenance delays and increasing productivity. The JS Blocksaver Mark I system is based on the JS35/30 bit holder system, giving users all the advantages of the JS series bit holder in productivity, lower operating costs and safety.
Understanding the sleeve removal process
- Clean away all dirt from around the pressure release hole and remove the soft seal plug.
- Screw in the pressure adapter and tighten to seal on nose of adapter.
- Connect the hydraulic hand pump.
- Cover the assembly with a cloth to catch any oil that may be expelled on sleeve's release.
- Steadily apply pressure with the pump until the sleeve is released.
As a guide to tightness, a new sleeve fitted into a new block should release by hydraulic pressure at between 4000 and 9000 lbf/in2 (275-620 bar).