HawkEye camera system highlights:
- Available on all P&H 4100XPB/XPC AC and DC and 2800 XPC DC electric mining shovels (can also be adapted to other equipment)
- Improves safety by providing operator with visual situational awareness
- Different camera views selectable from pushbutton located on monitor
- DVR can record video feed from 100 to 200 hours in length
- System can be installed over one or two Preventive Maintenance (PM) days
Operators have very limited visibility within the operating area of the shovel. A small mirror located on the opposite side displays the area on the off-side. Current camera systems only offer a non-intuitive security camera style view of the working area around the shovel..
The HawkEye™ camera system is comprised of an Electronic Control Unit (ECU), four wide angle fisheye cameras with infrared filters, Digital Video Recorder (DVR) and a 10-inch color monitor. (An optional fifth camera is available to monitor the hoist drum). The cameras are placed around the outside of a P&H shovel providing a 360° view that allows the operator to see the environment and what is taking place around the machine. The DVR continuously records the view selected by the operator on the monitor.