The 14ED25 entry driver, with its integrated bolting system, allows simultaneous cut and bolt capabilities for improved productivity. Ideal for low- to mid-seam applications, the 12ED25 is a single-pass machine that addresses the bottleneck which occurs during gate road development when the roof is weak and early installation of roof bolts is required.
Designed for safety
- Roof and rib bolters are optionally equipped with dust collection capabilities
Designed for productivity
- Hydraulic cutter head extensions, 230 mm on each side, retract to enable easy withdrawals as well as greater flexibility in cutting corners
- Two hydraulic rib bolters, mounted on a tilt cylinder, allow the maximum number of rib bolts to be placed in the rib
- One semi-automatic roofbolter per side (2 total), with tilt capability, provides for quick installation of roof control
- Two-speed rotation units for simultaneous rib and roof bolting
- Robust 1.2 sump frame mechanism
Ergonomic operator interface
- Electrical controller cases located for ease of access
- Fluid system manifolds to reduce hosing and fittings
Cutting and gathering
- 4.8 meter roadway cutting widths
- Centrifugal loading arm (CLA) gathering system
- Proven Joy high-performance loading technology
- Dual motors drive the CLAs and conveyor chain from the gathering head
|Maximum cutting height
|Minimum cutting height
|Minimum tram height
|Cutterhead power @ 950V 60 Hz
|Total machine power @ 950V 60 Hz
||Independent dual CLA
|Roof drill to pick tip distance
Faceboss control system
Competitive and market pressures mean that you have to produce product at an ever-increasing rate, while always striving to decrease your cost per ton. These goals are only made more difficult by the worsening attributes of available reserves and deteriorating operating conditions.
The Faceboss control system enables your operators to operate equipment at an optimal balance of production rate and cost per ton using a powerful tool set that includes operator assistance tools, automated sequences, advanced diagnostics, machine performance monitoring, and analysis tools. Faceboss is the standard control system platform on all Joy underground mining equipment, which ensures that you receive the same level of optimization for all your Joy equipment.
Learn how Faceboss can help reduce your operating costs.
Joy OptiDrive, an AC variable-frequency drive system, integrates software with the electronic and mechanical systems to provide the following features:
- Increased tram speed: Significantly increases the tractive effort available, improving the equipment’s ability to climb gradients and negotiate difficult roadway conditions
- Regenerative braking: Supplements the mechanical brakes, allowing them to run cooler with extended wear life; regenerative braking is highly effective at automatically maintaining constant speeds when descending gradients
- Less maintenance: No commutator brushes to inspect and replace mean AC traction motors are typically more reliable, more durable, and require less maintenance than DC traction motors
Learn how OptiDrive can help improve your productivity.