For more than 30 years, our foundation has provided financial support for qualified non-profit charitable organizations in U.S. communities where our company operates. We strive to build sustained partnerships with these organizations so that our contributions have real long-term impact in that community.
The foundation supports organizations in the following areas:
- Education: We support programs that foster and improve the knowledge and skills of people of all ages, with the goal of enhancing their ability to achieve a better quality of life, such as the following:
- Longview World of Wonders, in Longview, Texas, offers children the opportunity to imagine, create and explore in a hands-on education environment; they are developing an exhibit related to energy as a power source made possible through mining
- The Boys & Girls Clubs, in various locations, offer activities meant to inspire and empower all young people, especially those with the most need, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens
- Get in the Act! Arts in Action, in Stateline, Nevada, uses dynamic theater performances about rocks and minerals to advance earth science learning for elementary students in Nevada
- The Sharp Literacy program, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, enhances future life success by energizing urban children, motivating them to identify themselves as confident, capable scholars and lifelong learners by inspiring engagement in reading, writing and research through hands-on interaction and visual arts
- Civic and Community: We support programs that better the community and the urban environment, such as the following:
- CASA, in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, trains volunteers to advocate in the court system for abused and neglected children
- The Providence House, in Cleveland, Ohio, provides family crisis care services to protect children living in situations that put them at risk of abuse or neglect
- Culture and Humanities: We support programs that bring vitality to the visual and performing arts, as well as stimulate and enrich the public’s intellectual and cultural experience, such as the following:
- The S.E. Belcher Center, in Longview, Texas, develops concert and performance series designed to introduce children to the performing arts
- The Civic Operetta Association, in Franklin, Pennsylvania, brings in professional operas, touring companies and singers to the primary performing arts venue in Venango County
Please note that our foundation works directly with community leaders to identify recipient organizations; therefore, our corporate and regional offices will not accept unsolicited application requests.