This September and October, Joy Global employees in the Hunter Valley region of Australia partnered with Youth Express to participate in Career Quest at three local high schools. Career Quest is an interactive half day program designed to assist students in Years 9-12 to develop an understanding of some of the following areas of work readiness preparation:
- Different career opportunities available in a variety of different industries
- Appropriate presentation, communication and attitude in the workplace
- The value of work experience
- Training and further education options to achieve qualifications
- Qualities employers look for in potential employees
Students learned about how working for a global company provides opportunities for work experience in different countries, what is involved in working in Marketing within a large global business and more about the wide variety of different careers paths available within our organisation.
We believe supporting activities like Career Quest is important so we can foster a greater interest in the skills that drive our success, inspiring the workforce of tomorrow.